The height of children depends on several factors such as the genes they inherited from their parents, their health as well as the nutrition that they get during their growth years. It is commonly seen that the height of children is nearly the same as their parents, give or take a couple of inches. However, that is not always the case. At times, there may be significant differences between the heights of the siblings, who have the same genetic buildup and get the same nutrition. The onus is then on the growth hormone for short stature or the tall stature.
Children keep growing till the end of puberty. Once puberty comes to an end, the height does not increase, except, of course, you undergo surgery to stretch the bones, which has a vast set of drawbacks.
Normal growth in children is controlled by several hormones which include:
- The Human Growth Hormone, or HGH, which is produced in the pituitary gland in the brain. It is the most important hormone which helps children grow.
- The Thyroid Hormone, and
- The Sex Hormones, namely Testosterone or Oestrogen. They help children grow during the puberty years.
The most common responsible growth hormone for short stature is HGH.
However, it is unfair to blame only the growth hormone for short stature, lack of proper diet results in the children not getting the correct nutrition to boost the various growth hormones.
In order to ensure proper growth of the children and promote the production of the various growth hormones, it is necessary that children be given diet which is rich in various nutrients before they reach the end of puberty. If proper nutrition is not provided to the kids, it can stop them from growing or achieving their full potential in terms of height, even if they inherited strong genes from their parents.
The children should be given a balanced diet with food rich in the nutrients to help in increasing their height. The nutrients which can help maintain and boost the growth rate in the children are:
- Proteins: It is important in maintaining as well as developing the tissues and muscles in the body. It is perhaps one of the primary nutrients to boost the height of the children. Lack of sufficient proteins in the diet of the children may result in abnormal or stunted growth in addition to a lower mass muscle.
- Minerals: Certain minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, fluoride, iodine as well as iron are paramount in increasing the growth hormone in children and teenagers, along with calcium which not only boosts the growth rate but also strengths the bones.
- Vitamins: Vitamin D is another crucial nutrient in developing strong bones and boosting the growth rate in children. In addition to Vitamin D, the other Vitamins which help with the growth in children and teenagers are Vitamin A, B1, B2, C, F, riboflavin and ascorbic acid.
- Carbohydrates: Contrary to the popular myth stating all carbs as being harmful, healthy carbohydrates are actually one of the most essential nutrients for helping children and teenagers in increasing their heights by giving energy to the body. The healthy carbohydrates are present in cereals, and other whole grain foods such as wheat, while the carbohydrate in pizza, burger, white bread, and other food made of refined flour are harmful to the body.
In addition to these nutrients, fatty acids such as Omega 3 and Omega 6 are also essential in providing growth hormones for short stature kids.
Let’s look at nine foods which are rich in nutrients to boost the height of children and teenagers:
- Fish: They are a rich source of proteins as well as vitamin D and help foster muscle and bone development.
- Egg: They are rich in several nutrients needed for growth which include, proteins, calcium, vitamin B12 as well as riboflavin. The egg white is a source of pure protein.
- Chicken: It is rich in proteins, and has the highest protein-content as compared to other animal-based foods.
- Soybean: Similar to chicken, soybean is rich in proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins as well as folate and is an excellent choice for vegans. Tofu is made from soybeans and has all the benefits too.
- Dairy products: Dairy is rich in calcium, proteins as well as vitamins A, B, D, and E.
- Fruits and Leafy vegetables: Fruits and green vegetables are rich in fiber, minerals as well as vitamins and promote an overall development including growth in height.
- Nuts and Seeds: These are rich in minerals and vitamins essential for boosting the growth in children, as well as amino acids and healthy fats.
- Banana: These are rich in minerals which boost the growth of height, such as potassium, manganese as well as calcium
- Whole Grains: They are rich in vitamins, selenium, magnesium iron as well as fiber.
These foods should be inculcated in the everyday diet of your child. Ending the day with a warm glass of milk will be very beneficial to the kids.
More often than not, there isn’t a medical reason behind the short stature of a person. Instead, it’s simply the result of a lack of proper nutrients while growing up. That’s why, as a parent, it is important that you provide your children with the correct nutrients to help them reach their full potential height in a healthy and natural way.
Incoming search terms:
- фото давай создадим семью узаконим отношение